Thursday, 16 May 2013

TOPSHOP "MOM" JEANS

I know my last post was all about 90s fashion and so I should probably have waited a while before embarking on another denim-related rant, but I just couldn't wait to post about these jeans from Topshop. They're a bit of a love/hate piece if I'm honest, and even I am slightly surprised by the fact that I absolutely love them. Usually, I'm one for super skinny jeans (I also own the Topshop Joni Jeans, if you're looking for a skinnier alternative to these), and would never have dreamt of touching denim that isn't practically skin tight. However, there was something about the feel of this 90s inspired acid wash pair that meant I had to have them. I was a bit sceptical as to whether they would be worth the £40 I spent on them, but they are made of a very heavy material and are so incredibly versatile that I reckon they are a great investment. Personally, I love wearing them with crop tops to take full advantage of their super high waist. I have such an obsession with high waisted pieces at the moment, mainly because I love crop tops and hate exposed stomachs with an absolute passion so it just works really well for me. In an ideal world I would have paired them with a pair of black court shoes, but I still haven't managed to invest in any, and I'm still not sure if that look is socially acceptable.

 Lace Crop Top - Topshop
Jeans: -Topshop
Boots - ASOS
Belt - Vintage
Lipstick - Kate Moss for Rimmel London No1

What do you think about the 90s trend?

Elly xxx


follow me on:
twitter - tumblr - facebook - instagram - bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx