Sunday, 14 December 2014

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: HOUNDSTOOTH TURTLENECK DRESS






Cooperative Houndstooth Turtleneck Dress in Wine - Urban Outfitters (£42 £27)
Coat - ASOS (similar here)
Lipstick - Kate Moss for Rimmel London in 04 (£5.49)
Juju Babe Hi Jelly Sandals in Black - Urban Outfitters (£25)(similar at Office)

Hello everyone! I'm finally home for Christmas which means I can start posting better quality outfit pictures again. Today I thought I'd share with you my favourite dress of the moment, this houndstooth turtleneck dress from Co-operative at Urban Outfitters. I saw it whilst shopping in York about a month ago, and I just couldn't leave the shop without buying it. I know that Urban Outfitters isn't really the place to shop on a student budget, but I always find their pieces to be of amazing quality. They're often really unique and so I feel that they're a worthwhile investment. I absolutely love the high neck shift dress style as it's so flattering, and the burgundy houndstooth pattern is perfect for A/W. It's a super warm dress which is ideal for the colder months, and I've also been wearing this layered with a black jumper to add extra warmth (as a southerner living up north I need it!) This year I've brought back out my navy military style coat from ASOS that I bought a couple of years ago. I absolutely love this coat, it's really nicely structured and adds quite a smart, chic element to my outfits. Finally, I'm wearing my black Juju jelly shoes because who said you can't wear sandals in winter?
I'm also loving wearing my hair like this at the moment, and pairing it with this dark purple lipstick. What do you think?

Have you invested in any nice pieces for winter?
Elly xxx

7 comments:

  1. That dress is so gorgeous, and I love the coat too. This outfit pieces together so nicely, and the lipstick as well. x

    Kathryn from This Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots :) I think you must share your photos on www.voguedrobe.com, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, love the dress :)

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx