Wednesday, 24 December 2014

THE CHRISTMAS TAG

It's Christmas Eve!! If you know me, you'll know that Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year (yes, I cried putting the star on the top of our tree in my uni flat), and so I thought there would be no better time to do this tag than today. I've realised I have some pretty weird Christmas stories, so please don't judge me!

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
My favourite Christmas film would have to be The Snowman. It's the only one I've watched religiously every single year without fail. I love the artistry - it's so timeless and always makes me want to get my colouring pencils out after I've watched it! The music is incredible and it gets me every single time. Having David Bowie at the beginning doesn't hurt, either.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Always on Christmas morning (or afternoon, depending on how long my Dad decides to take getting ready...I'm sure he does it on purpose!) I open a few really early in the morning (yes I'm nearly 20 and I still have a stocking), and then we open the rest together later on.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Dressing up in a self inflating snowman suit complete with hat, scarf and shoes stands out to me. It inflated to about four times the size of me and I couldn't sit down in it. My nan bought this get up for me and suggested that I walk to school in it. It really was the definition of vogue.

4. Favourite festive food?
This is a difficult one for me because I love so much Christmas food! As a conventional choice, I'll have to go with chocolate Yule Log, however my family have a tradition of eating Walker's cheese and onion crisps and Terry's chocolate oranges only at Christmas time. Does that make us weird?

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
I'm not sure about a favourite, but I can give you a list of my top 3 strangest. My nan used to love getting us gifts at Christmas time which were, as you can tell from the snowman suit story, invariably odd. The best included a plate with a picture of the Queen's face on it, a statue of pigs mating and a framed dead tarantula. The amazing thing was, she thought these were all serious, viable present options, so we just had to grin and bear it. What a woman.



6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I love the smell of spiced candles at Christmas time.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Yes! We always go to visit my uncle (who has the world's best Christmas tree) and then on a little tour of the neighbourhood posting our last few Christmas cards.

8. What tops your tree?
Usually a decrepit looking old robin. Our tree is about as old as I am and looks as if it's about to keel over about 98% of the time but I can't imagine ever getting a new one.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I'm not sure that there was one I asked for every year, but I remember the year I asked for (and received) a karaoke machine. I think that was one of the biggest moments in my life. I still have that machine! I genuinely thought I was a member of S Club.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
I just love the season as a whole. Everyone is in such a good mood, Christmas songs are playing, everywhere is decorated beautifully (apart from those few houses who decide to blind the masses with their BLUE flashing lights - it's not even a Christmas colour!) For me, Christmas is just such a happy time. I love buying and wrapping gifts, singing carols, decorating the house. Then there's all the food and the television... I can't actually think of anything I don't like about Christmas!

What's your favourite part of Christmas?
Elly xxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx